The Marinellos

Monday, September 15, 2008

Discipline

DISCIPLINE is such a hard thing for me, especially when I have this cute little girl that melts my heart every time I look at her. I know that she is a sinner and that we as godly parents need to discipline her but I just wish it was not so hard. I have been reading a book called “Shepherding a Child’s Heart” and it is really helpful and a great resource and I am learning a ton about kids. Especially that I am not trying to just discipline but also have a change in heart.
Mike and I invested in a “rod” and so far it has been working and we just have to remember to be consistent all the time! Sydney is a great and funny kid but she is also one of the most stubborn kids I know and the hard thing is that I can be just as stubborn as her so sometimes we will go head to head and she is only 1 I can not imagine what it will be like when she is older if we do not get this under control now :)

I also love how God disciplines us and sometimes it is not fun...well it is never fun but man do I grow from it every time. I love how He is the example of discipline in our lives and that no matter what I do there is nothing that is too much for Him, and there is nothing that will keep Him from loving His children.

Hugs and kisses...more later :)


Here is Sydney playing in the sink

Going back to being a baby again.
Playing on our bed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing what you are learning from that book. Thats super encouraging. Josh and I have read it 2x and we went over it in our home group. It's been a huge encouragement and challenge to us for what we have to do in the near future. I have the leaders study guides from church for that class and the Parenting infants And toddlers if you want me to forward them to you. They have some good info. :o)

    ReplyDelete